Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Moving


I official moved some of my stuff yesterday. I've never moved before. I've always wanted my own house- a place to put my stuff - my "junk" as my dad calls it. I handled it pretty well until I pulled out some of my stuff that I had when I was a little girl-I have a little yellow ironing board. Then I teared up and started to cry so I put the ironing board back in my mom's storage room and only moved things to the house that was in my rubbermaid tubs- the things that I couldn't really see what was in them.

I have a lot of stuff. We only moved one truck load, but there is definitley going to be many more. My closet is full, the storage room still has alot of my stuff in it, and all my Harry Potter Lego's from Missy's closet, and all the stuff under my bed. Loads and loads of stuff. ;) I guess I am just a superduper collector.
Dan started moving some of his stuff the other day too. It's been kind of hard to switch places with his sister. We've had to clean out a room in the basement and shampoo the carpet just to have a place her his sisters family to start putting their stuff. All in all it seems to be going pretty well. Except they are doing all the hard lifting and I am here at work typing on my blog. Dan will probably be moved in by the end of the week.

It was nice to have Logan, Amber and her kids there to help.

This picture with Dan is of him and his niece Emma, and his nephews: Travis, Elias and Tyler.

Elias is the little guy underneath the box trying to help carry it to the house.



This is Dan's sister Amber






2 comments:

Emily said...

That's so exciting!! Yay! And don't worry...your new home is only 15 minutes from your old home. That's nothing! I'm sure mom and dad would love to have you over for a visit now and then. And they probably won't mind if your little yellow ironing board stays around for awhile. ;) Oh, and I LOVE your front door!

Gerber News said...

Moving is hard work! But it is all worth it in the end. Just keep to it, and if you need any help call and we will be right over.