Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Dentist

I took Tanner to the Dentist on Monday for the first time. He didn't like it. Last year I took him to both of my check ups so he could see what the dentist did and know that it isn't scary but for some reason it still made him cry. Dan read him the Little Critters going to the dentist book- which he loves and several days before I mentioned to him that he'd be going to the dentist so the Dentist could count his teeth. We got through it and he does have to go back to get a cavity filled. Sometimes it doesn't matter how much you brush, floss or even do Floride drops - you still get cavities. 
 Tanner didn't want to sit in the chair and refused to wear the slobber bib. 
 The assistant turned on some cartoons for him but he didn't want to lay down and watch TV. 
 I asked him to show me his teeth. 

Tanner was just fine once we were done. He loves the prizes he got- a whale tooth brush and tooth paste and a flossing stick. For Christmas he got an electric toothbrush and now he just wants to use the stuff that the dentist gave him. And when we went to visit my grandmas after all he wanted to do once he found some gloves was play dentist and look at everyone's teeth. Hopefully next month when he goes back to get his cavity filled he'll be ok. 

No comments: