Thursday, March 13, 2014

Our Little Girl

Violet Ruby Blackburn
 7 lbs 10 oz 19" 
 February 26, 2014

On the February 26th I woke up at  2:30 am because I couldn't sleep very well. I was wondering if we'd done the right thing in scheduling the inducement for March 3rd when she was suppose to be due on March 9th. I didn't want our little girl to be forced to come. I wanted her to come when she was ready. As I was laying in bed I decided to read some of my old journals when Tanner was born to see how I was feeling before he was born. I was looking for some peace and I couldn't find it. I had prayed a lot not knowing what I was suppose to do. At 3:30 am I started having some contractions. I thought maybe they were the same kind I'd had when I didn't drink enough water, but I decided to just see what would happen. I laid there until 5:30  am timing the contractions and finally just decided to fall asleep. At 6:30 am I woke up to an awful pain - like I'd been punch in the lower gut. It really hurt. I tried to time them and finally just ended up calling my sister Emily in Virginia to help me. (She was 2 hours a head of us). She told me the contractions were 2 minutes apart and that I should go to the hospital. She called my mom to come and get Tanner and by 7:30 am we were at the Hospital.  It was a much better delivery than with Tanner and by 1:32 pm we had our little Violet. And my Aunt Angie was able to take some great pictures during the delivery. 
 Tanner was so excited to meet his little sister
 Grandma Jan & the 11th grandchild - our Little Violet
 Violet and Rach

 We are so glad she is in our family
Dan and Violet- getting ready to take her home from the hospital

No comments: