Sunday, February 8, 2009

Our Lego house




Dan here:
Last night I asked Rach to marry me. The conditions weren't ideal, or exactly what I had planned, (I was going to do it today with a few more details) but amazingly enough she said, "Sure, ok, I guess" which I decided to interpret as an affirmitive answer. ;)

Rach had downloaded the Lego Designer program and was talking about how fun it would be to design a house, so I nudged her along to hurry up and get it designed so that I could get it ordered. After she was finished I crushed her hopes and dreams and told her that it was too expensive and that she should wait and think about if it was really worth it before ordering. She decided to wait, and that night I ordered it, and began an excruciating three week wait for it to arrive. It got here Thursday so I told her I was too tired to do anything, and stayed home and talked to her while I assembled the house. My lego skills are a bit on the rusty side, but I got it together.

Last night we were talking about a little of everything, and I got a little impatient and made her follow me back to the back room so I could pull the house out of the closet. Then I presented Rach with her house and asked her if she would marry me now that I had built her the house of her dreams. :) The setting was different than I planned, but I'm thankful she saw past it and said "Um Sure" anyways.

8 comments:

Emily said...

Yay! I'm so excited! And Dan, I love how you proposed. So sweet! Rach, the lego house is so cute and reminds me of what we built when we were little. Those of us who know Rach realize that "um, sure," really means YES! Can't wait until May!!!! (So Markus is safe in assuming you're more than just friends now, right?) ; )

Terry and Amber Andrews said...

Congrats! It is so exciting, we wish you the best. If you email me your email address I will send you an invitation to our blog. boomboomwalker@yahoo.com

Sweet Memory Garden Photography said...

Yeah!!!! FINALLY!!! I think that is a perfect proposal.

Call me and we'll go get a great ring from my friend... unless you already got one.

Jessica said...

Genious!!! I love it! Congrats you two. I was actually thinking the same thing Em posted about making them when we were little.

Rach I am so happy for you.

AND now you two have a blog you should add mine to your list! :D wasatchfroneatsout.blogspot.com

Clark Fam said...

Dan,
A lego house ...what an awesome creatvie way to ask. I know that Rach has wanted her a dream house forever (well, it seems like she has talked about houses for years now). You two will be great together...I dont hardley know you but I know how happy you make Rach. She is an awesome girl and you have found quite a jem in her. Congratulations! I am so excited. I even did a little jump up and down when I told Tyler about it.

Rach,
Its about time you got that dream house of yours. But what is more fun than the dream house is that you get to live the dream together no matter how the house turns out.
Congrats. I am so happy for you.

Hillary

Ann said...

Congrats Rach! He is a hottie, you two look so cute together. I will help with anything you need. I owe you for all you did for me :)

Brandan & Haylie said...

Rach and Dan,

CONGRATS!! Couldn't be happier for you.

Michelle said...

CONGRATS! I should have read your blog sooner! When I got your email I thought something was up. I am super excited for you!