Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
This year our immediate family had our very first Thanksgiving together. In years past we'd eaten with the Gerber Family, but this year my dad decided that we could have our own. I loved it. It's nice to see the extended family but it seem so much more relaxing. We ate dinner, visited and then took naps until Dan and I went to his families Thanksgiving.
I made the mashed potatoes from my garden, and I made an Apple pie and Lemon meringue pie- I love it. And I also brought a chocolate cream and a banana cream. I decided that store bought pies taste just as great. Dad made Grandma Ruby's famous Noodles, cooked the turkey and did some sweet potatoes that he grew in his garden. Missy brought some veggies and the pumpkin pie and Ben brought the green bean casserole and some rolls. We had a great feast and had lots left over.
I am thankful for my family and all the love and support that they've given us.
No comments:
Post a Comment