Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Our New Years Eve

I am not a big celebrator of New Years. When I was younger I thought it was great to be able to stay up until 12:30 am. That's the only day my mom would let us. We'd watch movies, eat crackers and play games. When I was older my dad and I would go Ice fishing on the 1st of the new year. I loved doing that. It was cold and it was early but it was fun.  And now I just go to bed so that I am not tired the next day. For sleeping in as a mom just isn't something that can be done. Last night I went to bed at 11 pm.

For our New years this year Tanner and I decorated a little cake to eat after dinner. I had to help him with the frosting  but he loved to put on the sprinkles. The sprinkles are the fireworks. 

 Lots and lots of Sprinkles
 Tanner's cake. I think he did a great job. 
 Our family of 2012- I was dressed up earlier when we went to dinner but  yeah- I pretty much look like a slob in this but I like the pictures because we're about to fork the cake. Forking the cake tastes so much better than cutting a piece. 

We've taught Tanner well- he's a cake forking pro. (He's watching Finding Nemo while he eats)

No comments: