Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tanner say's the funniest things


Tanner dressed himself today. 

Some funny things that Tanner says around the house, yard, car, and anywhere we're going:

When Dan gets up in the morning he blows his nose. Tanner said, "Hear that? Sounds like an Elephant."

While driving to my mom's house he said, "What's grandma (Jan) doing? Pooping?  No, Exercising like mom does at home." It's funny when he answers his own questions.

He heard a honk outside while going to bed and asked me "Who was that Mom?" I said "I don't know, it was just someone saying Hi." Tanner said, " I know, Uncle Ben, No Uncle Markus."
Which is pretty funny since Uncle Markus lives in Virginia. 

Everytime I get off the phone he says "Who was that Mommy?"

At the beginning of the year when I gave Tanner his vitamins I would give him the floride drops and say "This is for your teeth."  and when I give him his chewy bear vitamins I went to say "This is for the rest of your body" But Tanner said "for my Bum"

One day when I got him out of the car he said "Oh Toodles" (from Mickey Mouse)

When we are playing on the computer or watching TV he'll say "Pause it" So we'll pay attention to him. 

I was walking in the baby section to get some diapers and Tanner saw something with a baby footprint on it and said  "Look a paw print." (That's from Blues Clues)

When we help Tanner to the bathroom and he goes we always say  "You did it"  So now Tanner says it when Dan goes to the Bathroom "Did it Dad.  Good Job!"

It was so nice to sleep in the other day, but Tanner came in and said "Mom get up."

And of course anytime something hurts he says "Kiss it". Of course we give it a kiss until he started saying his bum hurt. 

In February my sister Emily had her baby girl. I asked Tanner what they should name her and he said, "Uncle Ben, Lonnie and Goofy. "  ( all boy names- Lonnie is also his Uncle)

I tried to put Tanner down for a nap and he said "Look a Hippo Mama"  "Aligator"  "Giraffe"  I said "What are they doing" He said, "Fighting". Yep he's a boy. 

Tanner loves carrying things around. One day he dropped something and said, " Ut- oh, where's my poon." (spoon)

As I stopped writing this blog so I could put Tanner to bed- I had just changed his diaper and put his pants on and Tanner said "Diaper Wedgie" as he stuck his hand  down his pants to fix his diaper. 

Recently and Randomly Tanner will say "Something is missing." I ask him what's missing but he doesn't say. 

Tanner said, "Dad's nose big, Mom's nose mall (small), my nose mall."

He will also randomly break out into song. He'll sing "Mickey Mouse Club house. Come inside it's fun inside." "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam" "Old Mcdonald had a farm EIEIO" "Hot dog, Hot diggity Dog" He can say most of the words to "I am a Child of God" 

I love the things that Tanner says. We're so glad he's in our family. 

3 comments:

Liz said...

Those are great! I love the diaper wedgie! And as for kissing every part of the body we started blowing kisses. :) Thanks for sharing!

Emily said...

That's hilarious! And I know what's missing...a brother or sister! Super cute.

The Shepherds said...

Looks like he's cute inside and out! I keep a journal for each one of my kids where I record those funny things. It's too bad I can't get just how cute it was on paper. The little voice is what really makes it cute.