Monday, June 15, 2015

LadyBug Week

This week last week we learned about Lady Bugs. We learned that they are at type of Beetle, there are lots of different kinds of Lady bugs. They eat Aphids and are good for Gardens, and we learned about how a lady bug grows. There really aren't very many things on lady bugs. We went to the Library to get some books on them and they didn't have very many. But we still had fun learning about them. One of the art projects we decided to make a lady bug garden. 
 Violet and Tanner gluing on their leaves. Tanner loves gluing things. 
 Dan had to help Violet since it's the first time she's ever used glue. She loves doing the same things as her brother. I tried to give her some crayons to do something different but she didn't want that. 
 Violet and Tanner with their foam lady bug pages. They turned out great
 One morning I decided to make some Lady bug pancakes. I should have used a squirter to get the dots just right but they turned out alright for my first time. 
 Violet and Tanner thought they were fun. And Tanner loves Pancakes especially colored ones.

 For our finale on Lady bug we we bought a bag of Lady bugs from my favorite greenhouse Cooks. I am glad Tanner saw them there it was a great idea. The bag came with 1000 lady bugs and you have to open them at night when the sun goes down so they stay in the yard but I had to get the kids to bed so we did it about 7 pm. It was so much fun.
 Tanner had been so excited all day to release the bugs. 
 Tanner, Ally, Violet and Racheal trying to get the Lady bugs out of the bag. 

Tanner thought they were pretty neat


Tanner and Miriam 
Violet thought they were fun but didn't quite like them crawling on her

I didn't like the bugs crawling on me either. 

Miriam and Nate- they had fun 
It was the perfect ending to our Lady Bug week

No comments: