Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Summer Fun: Museum of Natural History at University of Utah

Monday was the free day to the Museum of Natural History. I am glad they have free days. This one you actually had to make reservations on the Tuesday before to make sure you can get in. It's a big museum. I remember taking my brother Logan to one years ago but it wasn't in this building. There is so much to see that we weren't able to see everything. The kids got tired and a bit hungry. We tried to sneak them snacks here and there but we weren't suppose to feed them in the museum. 
 Right outside the elevator is this Dinosaur. If you drop some change in it's mouth it makes a noise. Tanner was trying to trigger it without dropping anything. I have a picture of Logan by this same dinosaur. 
 We went with our neighbors to the museum too. Here Tanner, Emme, and Ally are looking at the Indian shoes. 
 The Indian displays are pretty fasinating. They use lots of color and beads
 Violet wouldn't let me push her in the stroller. She wanted Miriam the whole time. She's such a funny kid. 
 The moon rocks they brought back from the Moon- maybe the Dark side of the moon where the Transformers are. 
 Violet and I standing on the balcony over looking the Salt Lake Valley. Tanner wouldn't come and stand be me at all. You can see a lot of things from the Museum. 
 Violet was looking at a stuffed Porcupine. 
 Tanner and Violet looking at the Reptile collection. I've never seen a yellow snake before. 
 Skye, Tanner, Violet, Ally and Jack- Lindsey (Jack's mom) is in the background. 
Putting together a frog puzzle
 Jack and Tanner thought that the tarantula was pretty awesome 
 I took a picture of Violet and I looking at one of the displays. It's hard to get pictures of yourself. 
 Violet looking at the female budworm. 
Tanner loves rocks. He thought it was pretty great. He also told his dad that there was a whole wall of Granite. 
There is an area for the kids to play in that shows how a dig site would look. Lots of different layer of rocks to climb around in. Violet seemed to like this whole the best. Next to her is Sophie Randall.
More shinny rocks. Tanner was getting tired about this time. It took us a long time to get even through half of the museum. 
Violet looking at lots of butterflies
For some reason a lot of the mammals in this area are ugly- Ugly and extinct. I couldn't even pronounce half of their names. This one is the largest animal in the world- the Extinct World. You can see Jack - in the white, then Tanner, Violet and Emme. It's a big creature. 
I don't know what this creepy creature is but I made Tanner stand by it.  
Tanner and VIolet crawling through this animal shell. Violet liked it. 

And our last ugly animal of the day- something that resembles a hippo and something ugly with teeth. Again I have no idea what they are called. 
It's a great museum though. I'll be taking the kids back again when they get a bit older. 
Another fun day of learning. 

No comments: